News & Events
Call for Applications! “1+3″ Program in Japanese and Eurasian Studies (2017.11.06)
"1+3" program in Japanese and Eurasian Studies promoted by the Graduate School of Humanities and social sciences is intended for students from Eurasian region(Central Asia, Russia, CIS countries, Mongolia) classes, guidance, and writing these are conducted in English.
DOWNLOAD Application Guidelines 1+3 program Guidelines
DOWNLOAD Application Form 1+3 Application form
- Nationality. Applicants must be from Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, or Mongolia (13 countries).
- Age. Applicants who have been born on or after April 2, 1983.
- Educational background. Applicants who have an undergraduate degree and who have completed 16 years of school education.
- Language Qualifications. Applicants must demonstrate their English language proficiency by submitting scores received on English Language Proficiency Tests (Approximate scores are around TOEFL IBT 80, TOEFL CBT 230, TOEFL PBT 500, IELTS 6.0). JLPT (Japanese Language Proficiency Test) Level N5 or higher is desirable. The scores above provided as approximate ones and each applicant’s ability will be checked and considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Arrival in Japan. Applicants must be able to arrive in Japan by the last week of September 2018.
- Other. Any applicant who falls under the following conditions is not eligible. If identified after the commencement of the scholarship period, the applicant will be required to withdraw from the scholarship.
- The applicant was a grantee of a Japanese Government Scholarship in the past. (Those who have previously been awarded MEXT scholarship may apply for the MEXT scholarship under this program only after 3 years from the time of completion of their previous MEXT-sponsored studies.)
- The applicant is already the recipient of a scholarship from an organization other than the Japanese government.
- The applicant is considered a “future graduate’ and selected as such, is unable to graduate within the present date or unable to fulfill graduation requirements.
First Stage: The completion and submission of the Preliminary Application Form is the first stage of application process. The application form should be sent to the following address: